Transforming revival is a communal restoration of the God-man relationship. It is a corporate return to first love. It is a conscious re-enthroning of the King, not only over the realm of religious expression (meaning our church life), but over every dimension of life. There can be no secular-sacred or public-private dichotomy. He must be invited — and expected — to assume control of everything from the sanctuaries of our hearts to the structures of our society.
In short, a transformed community is…
- A neighborhood, city or nation whose values and institutions have been overrun by the grace and presence of God
- A place where divine fire has not merely been summoned, it has fallen
- A society in which natural evolutionary change has been disrupted by invasive supernatural power
- A culture that has been impacted comprehensively and undeniably by the Kingdom of God
- A location where Kingdom values are celebrated publicly and passed on to future generations